Saturday, March 24, 2012

Introductions

Hi I'm Keith Craigo

I've been developing web applications for over 12 years now in PHP, Perl, Adobe Flex and Flash.

Now I develop with Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch.
"Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch is the simplest way for developers of all skill levels to develop business applications for the desktop and cloud. See how Visual Studio LightSwitch can help you develop quality business applications quickly."
When I read that statement I thought Yeah! Right! I've heard that before. But I gave it a shot and downloaded the beta 1, built a couple of the demos, everything went well, but I didn't actually realize how true their claim was until I developed a few of my own small apps. Since I was at the time, in the middle of a redesign of an application I had built for my company's Security Department, I thought I'd put LightSwitch to the test and quickly realized there was no other choice. In a few short days I had accomplished what it took me months to do previously. Since then I've been a huge fan.

Prize winner in Competition "LightSwitch Star Contest" (First Prize level)


I plan to post about useful tips in this blog that I've learned along the way.

Thank you for viewing.

Microsoft PowerApps and Flow Learning Resources

An ongoing list of Microsoft PowerApps and Flow Resources I'll update as I come across helpful resources. Main Sites: https://p...